In a world of technological advancement and having everything at your fingertips, it can be hard to find the information that you really need. On this page are links to pertinent websites for businesses. Simply click on the underlined section to be directed to the website.
Leadership & Communication
- Emotional Intelligence
- Salovey, P., & Mayer, J. D. (1990). Emotional Intelligence. Imagination, Cognition and Personality, 9(3), 185–211. https://doi.org/10.2190/DUGG-P24E-52WK-6CDG
- Goleman, D. (2006). Emotional intelligence. Bantam.
- Goleman, D., Boyatzis, R. E., & McKee, A. (2013). Primal leadership: Unleashing the power of emotional intelligence. Harvard Business Press.
- Effective Communication
- Barker, R. T., & Gower, K. (2010). Strategic Application of Storytelling in Organizations: Toward Effective Communication in a Diverse World. The Journal of Business Communication (1973), 47(3), 295–312. https://doi.org/10.1177/0021943610369782
- Team Building
- Eisenberg, J., Post, C., & DiTomaso, N. (2019). Team Dispersion and Performance: The Role of Team Communication and Transformational Leadership. Small Group Research, 50(3), 348–380. https://doi.org/10.1177/1046496419827376
- Associated Press Stylebook
- Information on using AP writing style
- American Psychological Association
- APA Style website
- 7th Ed. published October 2019
- Chicago Manual of Style
- 17th Ed. published 2017
- Modern Language Association Style Center
- 8th Ed. published 2016
- Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab)
- Writing resources and instructional material
- SBA (Small Business Administration)
- For information on how to start a business.
- IL Dept of Employment Security
- HR Solutions
- IL State Unemployment Taxes & Reporting
- Helpful Information
- For your tax related needs, including forms and instructions.
- MO Dept of Revenue
- Small business information
- MO Secretary of State
- Starting a small business
- US Dept of Labor – Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs
- Includes a list of states with links to see what your state requires for workers’ compensation.
- US Dept of Labor – elaws (Employment Laws Assistance for Workers and Small Businesses)
- Has information about various Federal employment laws.